Connecticut Air Conditioning Services
Comprehensive Cooling Solutions in all of Fairfield County and parts of New Haven County
When your air conditioning system needs maintenance, repairs, or replacement, hiring a trusted professional is always the smart and cost-effective choice. HVAC professionals adhere to the industry’s best practices, ensuring the longevity of your system, optimal performance, and energy efficiency.
Keep cool all summer with Levco by your side! You can lean on our Connecticut air conditioning services for same-day solutions, expert air conditioning tune-ups, and professional repairs and replacements from a seasoned team that’s here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Importance of Scheduling an Air Conditioning Spring Check
Every air conditioning system benefits from preventative maintenance. As the warmer months approach, your air conditioning unit becomes a crucial part of maintaining a comfortable indoor temperature. A well-timed inspection and maintenance in spring ensure that your air conditioning system is ready to handle the summer heat reliably and efficiently.
Being proactive minimizes the need for emergency service during the summer, saves you money, and keeps you cool on the hottest days of the season. That’s why we recommend scheduling your air conditioning spring check as soon as the weather hits 60 degrees.
During your air conditioning spring check, our technicians will run the system to test it, spray the condenser coil, check the refrigerant level, replace air filters with the customer’s stock, and take operational pressure, temperature, and humidity readings. After evaluating the condition of your air conditioning system, we will advise you if any repairs are needed.
Over the winter, numerous parts of your air conditioning system can accumulate dust and grime, which will eventually start to negatively affect their performance. Our annual check-ups can help identify these issues before they escalate, thus preventing sudden breakdowns and inconvenient disruptions during the peak of summer.
In addition to enhancing the performance of your air conditioning system, a spring check can contribute to improved energy efficiency. A system operating at its peak performance uses energy more efficiently, which can translate into significant savings on your energy bills over the long summer months.
Finally, an annual spring check extends the lifespan of your air conditioning system. Regular maintenance keeps the system in prime condition, reducing the wear and tear over time. This means fewer replacements and repairs, ultimately saving you money and providing peace of mind. Remember, proactive maintenance is always more cost-effective than reactive repairs.
Cooling Equipment Replacements
Does it seem like your air conditioning system doesn’t work as well as it used to and is no longer reliably cooling your home? It may not just be you. Most air conditioning systems will only last up to 20 years with routine maintenance, but younger systems can also experience problems that warrant an early replacement.
Our Connecticut air conditioning services include expert help with cooling equipment replacements. Levco works with top brands and can walk you through your options when any part of your air conditioning system needs replacing. We will work closely with you to select the equipment that best suits your home’s needs and budget.
Some of the parts our technicians regularly replace include:
Emergency Air Conditioning Repair Service
Has your AC suddenly stopped working? Is it no longer producing cold air, and are your rooms too hot? Have you noticed a leak from any part of your system, or is your cooling equipment making concerning noises? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should not wait to take action. Our AC experts are available 24/7 to respond to your call, diagnose the problem, and deliver a swift, dependable solution.
You should not wait to request our Connecticut air conditioning services if you notice any of the following air conditioning problems:
- Inadequate cooling. If your air conditioning unit is not cooling your space as effectively as it used to, it may be a sign of an underlying problem such as a refrigerant leak or a malfunctioning compressor.
- Unusual noises or smells. Strange noises like grinding, squeaking, or hissing coming from your air conditioning unit can indicate mechanical problems. Similarly, if you notice unusual smells such as a burning or musty odor, it is best to call our professionals.
- High energy bills. If you notice an unexplained increase in your energy bills, it could mean your air conditioning system is not running efficiently and may need servicing.
- Frequent cycling. If your air conditioning unit is frequently turning on and off, it could be a sign of an oversized or undersized system, a problem with the thermostat, or an issue with the level of refrigerant.
- Moisture or leaks around the unit. Excessive moisture or leaks around your air conditioning unit can indicate a refrigerant leak, which can lead to significant damage if not addressed promptly.
- Poor airflow. If you're experiencing weak or little airflow, it may be a sign of a blockage that is inhibiting air from moving through your home's ductwork, or your air conditioner's compressor may be failing.
- Malfunctioning thermostat. There are several reasons why your thermostat might not be functioning as intended. It could be due to faulty wiring, an old or drained battery, dust accumulation, or an issue with the location of the thermostat. For instance, if your thermostat is installed near a heat source or in direct sunlight, it might inaccurately read the room's temperature, causing your air conditioning system to function inefficiently.
Additional Cooling Tips for Connecticut Homeowners
Beyond scheduling regular professional maintenance and promptly requesting repairs when you discover issues, there are several additional steps you can take to optimize your air conditioning system's efficiency and ensure a comfortable climate in your home. Acting proactively can limit problems and the need for repairs.
First, be sure to clean or replace your air filter every one to three months, especially during peak usage in the summer. Dirty air filters obstruct airflow, causing the system to work harder than necessary to circulate air. This extra effort can lead to increased energy consumption and potential damage to your system.
Second, consider using a programmable thermostat. With a programmable thermostat, you can set your air conditioner to automatically adjust the temperature at different times of day. For example, you might set it to a higher temperature when you are not home and program it to cool down just before you return. This can significantly reduce unnecessary energy use.
Third, using ceiling fans in conjunction with your air conditioning can circulate the cool air more effectively and enable you to raise the thermostat setting with no reduction in comfort. Finally, close curtains and blinds during the heat of the day to prevent the sun from warming up your home and making your air conditioner work harder. This is particularly effective with windows that face the sun during peak hours.
Don’t wait until the heat of the summer to find out your air conditioning system isn’t working properly. Beat the heat by calling (203) 533-8249 or contacting us online whenever your AC system needs professional attention!
“We have used Levco for over 20 years and they have always been reliable, fair and professional.”- J. P.
I’ve never had any issues with Levco as their staff (office, techs, delivery drivers, etc) have all been great. Highly recommend.”
“This is the type of guy that makes Levco stand out! Highly recommended!”- Wenyi L.