Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ’s For Our New Customers
It’s not uncommon for new customers to have questions. If you have a question you don’t see the answer to, reach out to us online. We’re happy to help!
What Makes Levco Different from My Last Company?
- 24/7 Emergency Services: Your equipment doesn’t take breaks and neither does Levco. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, even on holidays, Levco is ready to help.
- Excellence at Every Degree: Levco is the premier provider of heating & cooling service, as well as fuel oil and propane delivery in Fairfield County, Connecticut. You get over 40 years of experience and Levco’s Certified Technicians, who are experts at their craft and set the standard in the HVAC Service Industry. Through hours of advanced training and problem-solving experience, the experts on our team are a valuable resource for first-rate solutions and service that none of our competitors can match. Put simply, we take great pride in the work we do for our customers; and their level of satisfaction shows it.
- In Your Neighborhood: Located in Trumbull, we are proud to serve thousands of homeowners and businesses across Fairfield County. Located just minutes away from the Merritt Parkway and I-95, our customers are assured a quick emergency response time – no matter how severe the weather. With our growing fleet of service vans and certified technicians, we are almost always right in your neighborhood.
- Integrity: We care about your comfort, your equipment’s operating safety and efficiency, and we are fully equipped for all of your heating, cooling, and repair service needs. You can always depend on Levco to give you the best advice about maintaining and improving your heating and air conditioning systems.
- A Family Company: Levco has been family owned and operated by the Levene family since its inception in 1980. Currently, there are three generations of family members working for the business. When you partner with a family company like Levco, you get treated like family.
Do You Offer Services Other Than Fuel Oil Delivery?
Are Your Technicians Licensed?
Working on HVAC equipment requires a license in the state of Connecticut. Levco has a full, in-house staff of licensed technicians.
What Are Your Hours?
Emergency service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Your equipment doesn’t take breaks, and neither do we! Levco technicians are working around the clock and ready to provide service when you need it most.
How Does Levco Know When I Need an Oil or Propane Delivery?
Levco uses a proprietary system to calculate and schedule the appropriate time for your next delivery. This system is based on factors like your delivery history, the size of your tanks, and the weather. Based on these factors, Levco can schedule accordingly and make timely deliveries to your home. We also offer propane tank monitor rentals as an additional measure of customer peace of mind.
What Do I Do if I Run Out of Oil or Propane?
It’s not likely that you will run out of oil or propane while being on Levco’s automatic delivery program, but if you do, give us a call immediately and the next available technician will be at your house to resolve the issue.
If you expect your usage to change, (maybe Grandma moved in and likes it warmer, or the kids are home from college and everyone’s taking showers) just let us know, and we can adjust our scheduling to keep you from running out.
During storms, we kindly ask you to keep driveways plowed and the area around your oil fill or propane tanks cleared. If a driver feels a delivery is unsafe, they will pass by and try again the next day.
What Do I Do if I Have a Heating Emergency?
- Don’t panic.
- Be sure that the oil burner switch is on.
- Your thermostat should be set above room temperature.
- Check the gauge on your fuel tank to make sure it isn’t empty.
- Press the reset button on the unit ONCE ONLY!
- Check to see if the flame comes on.
- If the burner does not run at all, check the circuit breaker.
- If the burner still fails to operate, call us for a service.
What Do I Do if I Have an Air Conditioning Emergency?
- Check that your thermostat has power (replace the batteries if necessary).
- Make sure the thermostat is switched to cool and is set below room temperature.
- Check that you haven’t tripped the circuit breaker.
- Change your air filter(s).
- If your AC still fails to operate, call us for a service.
Do You Offer Free Quotes on Equipment Replacement?
Yes. Levco is happy to provide free quotes to our customers. We work with the top brands in the industry and can provide you with a comparison of options as well as our best advice for replacement, helping you find a system that matches your home’s needs and your budget.
Can I Set Up a Budget Plan?
Yes. Budget plans are a great way to spread out the cost of heating oil and propane throughout the year. We offer a 12-month equal payment budget plan that gets billed the first of each month. There is no additional fee to be on Levco’s budget plan. Costs for any necessary service calls are billed separately at the time of service.
How Can I Expect to Receive Communications from Levco?
Heating oil and propane receipts are left at your door or mailbox at the time of delivery. We will also mail you a copy of the statement after the office has processed your delivery. If you’d rather receive your statements via email, just let us know!
Other communications, including maintenance reminders, are done by email or phone call.
What Forms of Payment Does Levco Accept?
- American Express
What Towns Does Levco Serve?Levco provides services throughout most of southeastern Connecticut. And we continually expand the areas we serve.
“We have used Levco for over 20 years and they have always been reliable, fair and professional.”- J. P.
I’ve never had any issues with Levco as their staff (office, techs, delivery drivers, etc) have all been great. Highly recommend.”
“This is the type of guy that makes Levco stand out! Highly recommended!”- Wenyi L.