Connecticut Pool Heater Replacement and Installation
Pool Heater Replacements and Upgrades in Fairfield County, New Haven County, and Surrounding Areas
Pool heaters are an essential component of any swimming pool, ensuring a comfortable swimming environment regardless of the season. They maintain an ideal water temperature, enabling you to extend your swimming sessions as temperatures dip. Whether you are considering installing a new pool heater or replacing an existing one, understanding the different types of pool heaters and their respective benefits will help you make an informed decision. Efficiency, cost, and climate compatibility are just a few factors to consider in your selection process.
At Levco, we are ready to help take your pool to the next level. Our Connecticut pool heater replacement and installation experts can help you pick the appropriate model for your pool and complete an efficient upgrade. Since 1980, our family-run company has assisted thousands of homeowners with their heating needs, and we are prepared to put our experience, skills, and resources to work for you.
Our fully stocked trailers allow us to complete many installations in a single day. Call (203) 533-8249 or contact us online to request a quote!
Why Upgrade Your Connecticut Pool Heater?
Upgrading your pool heater can be a smart investment for several reasons. First, advancements in technology have led to more energy-efficient models that can significantly lower your monthly energy bills. Not only is this better for the environment, but it also makes running your pool more affordable in the long term. Upgraded heaters also tend to heat pools more rapidly, saving time and further reducing energy usage.
Second, newer models have improved reliability and longevity. This reduces the likelihood of unexpected breakdowns and the associated repair costs, providing peace of mind and a more seamless swimming experience.
Lastly, upgrading your pool heater often comes with enhanced features and controls. These may include digital temperature readouts, remote control capabilities, or even integration with smart home systems. These features provide ease of use and precise control over your pool's heating.
Working with licensed professionals to complete your pool upgrade helps ensure proper installation and operation. Our Connecticut pool heater replacement and installation experts are happy to walk you through the benefits of upgrading, what it can do for your home, and what to expect.
Signs Your Connecticut Pool Heater Needs to Be Replaced
Recognizing the signs that your pool heater needs replacement can save you from unexpected disruptions to your swimming season. If known issues are left unaddressed for too long, your pool heater may stop working altogether. Our experts can diagnose pool heater issues and advise whether you need a replacement or if simple repairs will get the job done.
You may want to consider replacing your pool heater if:
- Your pool heater is more than 15 years old. Pool heaters typically have a lifespan of 15 to 25 years with proper maintenance. If your heater is reaching this age range, it may be time to consider a replacement.
- Your pool heater needs frequent repairs. If your pool heater is constantly having problems and requires constant repairs, it may be nearing the end of its service life. Continual investment in repairs might be better spent on a new, more efficient model.
- Your energy bills are rising. An unexplained increase in energy bills could imply that your pool heater is losing efficiency and working overtime to maintain the desired water temperature, especially if you have eliminated other possible sources of the spike in costs.
- Your pool heater is having issues with inconsistent heating. If your heater struggles to maintain a steady water temperature or does not heat the pool at all, it may need to be replaced.
- You are noticing unusual noises or leaks. Strange sounds from the heater or signs of leakage are major red flags. They could indicate serious internal problems that require prompt attention.
What to Expect When Upgrading Your Connecticut Pool Heater
The first step to upgrading your pool heater is a comprehensive assessment of your current equipment and your swimming pool's heating requirements. One of our Levco technicians will visit your property at your convenience to assess the state of your existing pool heater and discuss your heating needs. This process will typically involve evaluating the size of your pool, the average air temperature in your location, and your preferred swimming seasons. From this assessment, we will recommend suitable pool heater models and sizes that meet your specific needs and budget.
After you have chosen a new pool heater, we will complete the physical installation. This involves removing the old heater and preparing the area for the new one. We aim to make the installation process as efficient and minimally disruptive as possible. Our experts also adhere to strict safety and quality protocols, ensuring your new pool heater is installed correctly and ready for optimal performance.
Once the installation is complete, we will conduct a series of functionality checks to ensure that your new heater is operating as expected. We will fine-tune any necessary settings for optimal performance and energy efficiency and guide you through the process of operating your upgraded pool heater. This includes briefing you on the new features and controls that come with the upgrade, such as digital temperature readouts and remote-control capabilities. We can also help integrate your new pool heater with your smart home system if applicable.
Tips for Maintaining Your Connecticut Pool Heater
Maintaining your pool heater can help avoid pricey complications and inconvenient breakdowns. There are several simple things you can do to proactively take care of your new pool heater, prolonging its life and ensuring it continues to operate effectively.
To keep your new pool heater in optimal condition, you should make every effort to:
- Clean your pool heater regularly. Routine cleanups of your pool heater can help avoid the buildup of dirt and debris that can hamper its efficiency. This includes the areas surrounding the heater, as clutter can restrict airflow and result in overheating.
- Schedule routine inspections. Periodic professional inspections will ensure all components of the heater are working as they should. This can help detect and address potential issues early on, avoiding costly repairs or replacements down the line.
- Stick to comfortable temperature settings. While it might be tempting to crank up the heat, maintaining your pool at a comfortable yet moderate temperature can reduce strain on the heater, thus extending its lifespan.
- Properly winterize your pool heater. You must winterize your pool heater before winter begins to prevent freeze damage. This process typically involves draining the water from the heater, disconnecting power, and covering it up securely.
- Monitor energy consumption. Pay attention to your heater's energy consumption. A sudden spike in energy usage can indicate an issue with the heater’s efficiency.
Thinking about upgrading your pool heater? Our Connecticut pool heater replacement and installation experts are here to help, so call (203) 533-8249 or contact us online today.
“We have used Levco for over 20 years and they have always been reliable, fair and professional.”- J. P.
I’ve never had any issues with Levco as their staff (office, techs, delivery drivers, etc) have all been great. Highly recommend.”
“This is the type of guy that makes Levco stand out! Highly recommended!”- Wenyi L.